In an effort to help victims of Superstorm Sandy, businesses in the Napa Mill on Main Street will donate portions of their proceeds this week until Friday to the Red Cross for disaster relief efforts.
Angele Restaurant, Celadon, Napa General Store, Sweetie Pies, Vintage Sweet Shoppe, Silo’s, Amelia’s and the Napa River Inn will participate in the effort this week, said a news release.
“We are happy to be able to assist in the efforts to aid the victims of Superstorm Sandy by donating a portion of the proceeds from our café sales for the week,” said Jim Brandt, proprietor of the Napa General Store.
• Angele will be donating a portion of their restaurant sales to disaster relief efforts.
• Celadon will be donating $5 for every order of flash-fried calamari. “Add a glass of 2010 Greg Gauthier Riesling, Santa Lucia Highlands and they’ll donate another $5,” said the release.
• Sweetie Pie’s will be offering 10 percent of sales on Friday, Nov. 16.
• The Napa River Inn will be donating a portion of their hotel stays, while the gift shop, Amelia’s will be donating 10 percent of their net proceeds.
• Silo’s will give $1 for every mixed drink ordered during the evenings on Thursday, Nov. 15 and Friday Nov. 16.
“Superstorm Sandy has left devastation in its wake, and we will be helping people for weeks to come,” said Anne Steinhauer, executive director of the Napa County Red Cross. “The level of support from local businesses and residents in response to this disaster has been encouraging and exciting,” she said.
For more details, visit redcross.org, call 800-REDCROSS or text the word “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation.