Paper left on a floor furnace of a house in the 200 block of Glass Mountain Road caught fire at about 4 p.m. Friday, causing between $2,000 and $3,000 worth of damage, according to CalFire.

The resident put it out with a fire extinguisher, said Battalion Chief Jeremy Lawson. The damage to the two-story Victorian house was mostly cosmetic, he said.

The lesson is to make sure all flammable materials, including papers and gift wrapping materials, are placed away from heaters, Lawson said.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.