Monday morning fire destroys hot tub, shed

2013-05-13T09:58:00Z Monday morning fire destroys hot tub, shedRegister report Napa Valley Register
May 13, 2013 9:58 am  • 

Napa firefighters extinguished a fire Monday morning that destroyed a hot tub, shed and patio, authorities said.

The fire was reported just before 7 a.m. in the 3600 block of Norfolk Street, the department said. On arrival, firefighters were unable to access the yard because vehicles were blocking the gate, so they carried hoses through the home and were able to extinguish the flames in about five minutes.

No injuries were reported, but the hot tub, which was being used for storage, a fabric patio cover and a storage shed were destroyed, the department said.

Smoking in the area of the hot tub was likely the cause of the blaze, according to the fire department, which recommended smokers take special care to ensure cigarettes and other smoking materials are fully extinguished prior to disposal. The department also stressed the importance of having working smoke detectors.

Copyright 2015 Napa Valley Register. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(1) Comments

  1. chunk215
    Report Abuse
    chunk215 - May 13, 2013 10:52 am
    I sure hope they were using the hot tub for storage of clean hot water. Only makes sense right?
Add Comment
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick