On Wednesday afternoon, sparks from a rotary saw used to cut an old metal trailer at the Veterans Home of California at Yountville caused insulation and wood underneath the building to catch fire, according to CalFire/Napa County Fire Department. There were no injuries.
CalFire/Napa County firefighters training in front of the hospital responded to the 3:45 p.m. call and quickly put out the smoldering fire, CalFire Engineer Matt Newberry said.
Construction workers were demolishing the old trailer, Newberry said.
Frefighters then cut up the building and removed the debris to make sure there was no more fire, he said.