The Napa Main Library and the American Canyon branch are continuing with their Bow Wow for Books program in which children can practice their skills by reading to therapy dogs.
The program is free, with children able to read a book brought from home or select one at the library.
The library dogs provide non-judgmental listening companions for children and have been certified through Paws for Healing, the library said.
Dogs are available for listening at the following times and locations:
Napa Main Library
• Mondays 4-5 p.m. Read to LunaRae
• Mondays 6-7 p.m. Read to Shasta
• Tuesdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. Read to Emi
• Wednesdays 3:30-4:30 p.m. Read to Bart or Bootsie
• Thursdays 5:30-6:30 p.m. Read to Zoey
• Wednesdays 6:30-7:30 p.m. Read to Molly
For more information, contact Jennifer Knell at 253-4070 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.