A microwave caught fire at about 2:50 p.m. Tuesday at a residence in the 2200 block of Oak Knoll Avenue near the Silverado Trail, causing smoke, according to CalFire/Napa County Fire Department. There were no injuries.
A woman was working in her art studio when she heard the smoke alarm, saw smoke and called 911, Battalion Chief Barry Biermann said.
Firefighters found the motor unit of a microwave on fire in the kitchen, Biermann said. Firefighters turned the power of the unit off and took the microwave outside, Biermann said. They opened the doors to let the smoke out.
Firefighters remained at scene until 3:15 p.m. The cost of the over-the-range microwave unit was estimated at $500, according to CalFire/Napa County Fire.