A microwave caught fire at about 2:50 p.m. Tuesday at a residence in the 2200 block of Oak Knoll Avenue near the Silverado Trail, causing smoke, according to CalFire/Napa County Fire Department. There were no injuries.

A woman was working in her art studio when she heard the smoke alarm, saw smoke and called 911, Battalion Chief Barry Biermann said.

Firefighters found the motor unit of a microwave on fire in the kitchen, Biermann said. Firefighters turned the power of the unit off and took the microwave outside, Biermann said. They opened the doors to let the smoke out.

Firefighters remained at scene until 3:15 p.m. The cost of the over-the-range microwave unit was estimated at $500, according to CalFire/Napa County Fire.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.