BottleRock’s impact will be felt far, wide

2013-04-29T22:00:00Z 2014-05-01T14:57:59Z BottleRock’s impact will be felt far, wideJohn Hannaford Napa Valley Register
April 29, 2013 10:00 pm  •

Thank you so very much, WillPower Entertainment, for bringing the amazing BottleRock music festival to the Napa Valley. BottleRock is a remarkable opportunity and addition to the cultural and economic environment of our community as a whole. This is a celebration of music, wine, culinary, industry and our city and valley.

Bob Vogt and Gabriel Meyers (long-time Napa Valley residents themselves), and all of the people involved in WillPower, have done such a wonderful epic job of creating something much bigger than an entrepreneurial endeavor.

They have connected this festival to our whole valley, and it will benefit a much wider audience than those attending the music festival; they have built this to benefit the whole community. Restaurants, hotels, bread and breakfast establishments, stores and businesses on every level will enjoy the additional remuneration that the festival being here brings.

But these two socially conscious entrepreneurs have connected this wonderful event to much more than business interests.

Nonprofits, local foundations, local charities, community wide programs, and recreational aspects of our community will benefit from the bounty this type of event “can” create, only when those making it happen have the community mindset to be inclusive and reach out to interests beyond a business venture.

Bob and Gabe have taken their own interests of music, social responsibility, and a love for their community and brought them together, resulting in this remarkable event.

WillPower has an established history in raising funds and awareness for causes that they believe in and support.

Thank you, BottleRock. This is going to great ... and great for our community.

John Hannaford / Napa

1. Napa
    Napa - April 30, 2013 1:21 am
    and great for the local authorities too!
  2. NapaMark15
    NapaMark15 - April 30, 2013 7:42 am
    See you there!
  3. Native Daughter
    Native Daughter - April 30, 2013 9:19 am
    Thank you John Hannaford. I appreciate seeing another positive letter about BottleRock. I am very tired of all of the negativity being spewed about this event. I'm ready to rock in Napa and very excited about getting to attend my first rock festival. See you there!
  4. napa333
    napa333 - April 30, 2013 12:16 pm
    Nice pr piece but I think I'll hold off on the back slapping and congratulations until the event is over.
  5. New Yorkin
    New Yorkin - May 09, 2013 9:24 am
    I'm with napa333.
    John writes, "Thank you so very much, WillPower Entertainment, for bringing the amazing BottleRock music festival to the Napa Valley. BottleRock is a remarkable opportunity and addition to the cultural and economic environment of our community as a whole."
    The jury is out on the economic benefits vs cost of this event upon our community.
    Following day 1, I'm relieved so far, and I thoroughly enjoyed the 17 NVR photos (many clearly showing this as a family event).
    However, with 4 days/nights to go, let's hold the thank you notes until Monday when, as a close neighbor to the event, I hope to be breathing a big sigh of relief. Say what you will, the Napa fairgrounds are smack in the middle of a residential area, with overcrowded streets on a "normal-non-Bottle Rock" day!
  6. 455olds
    455olds - May 10, 2013 9:12 pm
    I have guests in town, so, Wednesday evening dined at Taste of the Himalayas at 6:30, pretty empty. Went to The Pear last night at 7:45, relatively empty. Tonight, Oenotrie at 6:45, pretty quiet for a Friday night. Where are all the customers this event was supposed to produce? Tomorrow, going to try Ad Hoc, I'll post an update. So far, this event has not really caused me any hassle, but, I was hoping it would provide a better boost for local business. I guess we'll see if it was really a good deal for Napa, hope it works out.
  7. Oliver house
    Oliver house - May 11, 2013 9:27 pm
    I get it, bottle rock is fun. But it is also loud, and has not drawn the positive tourism traffic that keeps napa valley businesses thriving. Restaurant traffic is down, winery traffic has been hugely impacted, and residents as far as Trancas are affected by the noise pollution. At the end of the event is it really worth our efforts? Or was it just a good time

Follow the Napa Valley Register