Hill businesses not associated with each other

2013-09-11T22:00:00Z Hill businesses not associated with each otherDoug Hill Napa Valley Register
September 11, 2013 10:00 pm  •

The Napa Valley Register’s recent articles about Jeff Hill and Hill Wine Company (“Trefethen sues Hill Wine for nonpayment,” Sept. 7) have elicited a flurry of inquires about my business operations. I wanted to confirm that my family and my businesses are not involved in any of the situations recently published in your paper.

I, Doug Hill, and my vineyard management company, Oak Knoll Farming, are not in any way connected to Jeff Hill and his business entities. Alongside Darci Hill, Ryan Hill and Carly Hill, I own and operate Hill Family Estate, which has occupied the Antique Fair on Washington Street in Yountville since 2006.  Our wine business, Hill Family Estate, is in no way affiliated with Hill Wine Company.

My family, employees, and I enjoy very strong relationships with local residents, including fellow farmers, vintners, and our neighbors at large, and are very grateful for the support and patronage of our friends here in the Napa Valley.

Doug Hill / Yountville

1. Chango
    Chango - September 12, 2013 7:44 am
    I manage a company that is a supplier to local wineries.... Doug Hill (Hill Family Estate), is honest, pays his bills, and is definately not to be confused with the other Hill !
  2. KSpelletich
    KSpelletich - September 12, 2013 12:26 pm
    My family owns a family winery. We have worked with Doug & Ryan Hill for over a decade!! Amazing family and business!! I am so sorry they are being linked to this situation. We will continue to do business with them for many years to come!!
  3. Wine
    Wine - September 12, 2013 1:23 pm
    We also own a family winery and have known them thru the wine business and have personally known Doug, Ryan and Darcy Hill for many years and know what wonderful people and what a great family they are, sad to see the confusion, but glad the paper is clarifying it.
  4. Trucker
    Trucker - September 12, 2013 1:39 pm
    Doug Hill and family are one of the most generous families and businesses I have experienced in this valley. They do exceptional work, make an exceptional product and expect little in return aside from positive reputation and fair return on their efforts. To see an individual, in my opinion, attempt to ride their coat-tails and then use what many feel are unethical means to conduct a business is revolting. I hope Hill Family Estate considers legal action.
  5. numbersman
    numbersman - September 12, 2013 2:14 pm
    I too would like to voice my support for Doug Hill, and his close family. I've known all four of the Hills for over 25 years, and had the privilege of working with Doug at a major Napa family winery for over five years. These are honest, real, and genuine people, not to be confused with the other Hills.

Follow the Napa Valley Register

Featured Businesses

Deals, Offers and Events

Visit us online!

Check out our website: www.sacredmists.com

Marketplace