Twelve Days of Christmas at Meadowood
Influential chefs from around the world will cook with chef Christopher Kostow and The Restaurant at Meadowood team during the ninth season of The Twelve Days of Christmas, a charitable celebration Dec. 8 through 23.
This year’s celebration will benefit Saint Helena Preschool for All, Inc., a nonprofit organization providing scholarships for 3- and 4-year-old children. The Restaurant at Meadowood will donate $2,000 in honor of each participating chef, plus 10 percent of every dinner ticket sold.
The visiting chefs are:
1. Friday, Dec. 8: Chef Mark Lundgaard, Restaurant Kong Hans Kælder in Copenhagen, Denmark.
2. Saturday, Dec. 9: Chef Manish Mehrotra, Indian Accent Dehli, India
3. Tuesday, Dec. 12: Chefs Fabian von Hauske & Jeremiah Stone, of Contra, New York
4. Wednesday, Dec. 13: Chef Jeremy Fox, Los Angeles (opening chef for Ubuntu), in Napa
5. Thursday, Dec. 14: Benjamin Suckle, Birch Restaurant, Providence, R.I.
6. Friday, Dec. 15: Sean Brock is the chef/partner of McCrady’s and McCrady’s Tavern in Charleston, Husk in Charleston and Nashville, and Minero in Charleston and Atlanta.
7. Saturday, Dec. 16: Chef Yoshi Takazawa, Aronia de Takazawa, Japan
8. Tuesday, Dec. 18: Chef Thomas Keller, Yountville
9. Wednesday, Dec. 20 Chef Eric Werner, Hartwood restaurant, Tulum, Mexico
10. Thursday, Dec. 21: Chef Jock Zonfrillo, Restaurant Orana, Australia
11. Friday, Dec. 22: Chef: Alexandre Couillon, La Marine, Normandy, France
12. Saturday, Dec. 23: Chef Christopher Kostow, The Restaurant at Meadowood and The Charter Oak, Saint Helena. For more information and reservations, visit therestaurantatmeadowood.com
Acacia House celebrates
The new Acacia House at Las Alcobas in St. Helena will present a Feast of the Seven Cultures, a week of dinners featuring seven guest chefs who will create one-day-only tasting menus representing differing countries.
Participating chefs include Traci Des Jardins (Mexico, Dec. 18); Pierre Koffman (France, Dec. 19): Abraham Conlon and Adrienne Lo (Portugal, Dec. 20); Paul Kahan (Germany, Dec. 21); Jamie Bissonnette (Spain, Dec. 22); Staffan Terje (Italy, Dec. 23); and Chris Cosentino (California, Dec. 24).
Information and reservations is at lasalcobasnapavalley.com.