O is for the St. Helena Independent Order of Odd Fellows and its hall, which was built April 25, 1885, at 1352 Main St. The St. Helena family of Oddfellowship has come together in our local community with the beliefs and values that friendship, love and truth are the basic guidelines that we need to follow in our daily lives. Through working in our local community, we understand that we can make a difference in the lives of people in our world. The Odd Fellows organization was founded in England in the 1700s and came to America in 1819. There are some 12,000 chapters throughout the world and 600,000 members.