Betty Rhodes writes about senior living in Napa Valley. "I enjoy being a senior, and I appreciate being able to continue championing the causes of seniors. It’s all good. We live in a very ‘senior friendly’ valley, with much for seniors to do in order to remain healthy in mind, spirit and body."
Hi, friends. Let’s enjoy our cup of coffee this morning, and discuss what I believe is pretty wonderful about our generation, and that is our trust in people. We grew up in a time when all that was needed was a man’s word and a handshake to complete a business transaction.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker recently proposed a budget calling for $300 million cuts in state aid across the University of Wisconsin system. Louisiana Gov. Bobbie Jindal also proposed to meet his state’s budget shortfall by cutting the same $300 million in state support for higher education.
- First Thursday: St. Helena changes
- Guest commentary: Last communiqué from St. Helena bunker
- Being grateful in St. Helena
- ‘Nick gave me flowers today’
- Mayor gives 2017 Memorial Day address
- One item left on my bucket list
- First Thursday: Summer fun in St. Helena
- First Thursday: Spring’s looking busy for St. Helena Chamber
- Guest commentary: Candy crush
- Friedrich hotel project continues to move forward