Napa Valley College Performing Arts Center
Sep 13, 14, 20 and 21 at 7pm and 15 and 22 at 2pm
The Two Gentlemen of Verona tells the story of two devoted friends, Valentine and Proteus. Valentine leaves their home city of Verona for Milan, but Proteus, in love with Julia, stays behind. Then Proteus's father sends him to Milan, too. Before leaving, Proteus pledges his love to Julia.
In Milan, Valentine and the duke's daughter, Sylvia, are in love. Proteus, on arriving, falls in love with Sylvia at first sight. He reveals to the duke that Sylvia and Valentine plan to elope, and Valentine is banished. Meanwhile, Proteus's earlier love, Julia, assumes a male disguise and travels to Milan.
The banished Valentine meets outlaws and becomes their leader. Sylvia, in search of Valentine, is seized by his outlaws. Proteus rescues her and then, when she spurns him, tries to rape her. Valentine stops the rape, but out of friendship offers to yield Sylvia to Proteus. Julia, however, reveals her identity, regaining Proteus's love. Two weddings are planned: Valentine with Sylvia, and Proteus with Julia.
- Occurred Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, September 14th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Friday, September 20th, 2019 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, September 21st, 2019 @ 7:00 pm
- Occurred Sunday, September 15th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Occurred Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 @ 2:00 pm