Napa County residents who want to apply for Covered California health plans, which include Blue Shield of California, Kaiser Permanente, Western Health Advantage, and HealthNet, must do so by Jan. 31.
To assist with enrollment, the Napa County Health & Human Services Agency (HHSA) will be offering extended business hours during January on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 6 p.m., and on Saturday, Jan. 20 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Schedule an appointment by calling 707-253-4511.
HHSA, Community Health Initiative, and OLE Health have partnered to provide enrollment assistance, which began Nov. 1 for Napa County residents.
After the close of enrollment, residents can sign up for Covered California coverage only if a qualifying life event has occurred. This includes, but is not limited to, loss of employment, loss of coverage, divorce, or marriage. However, Medi-Cal coverage is available for qualified individuals and families year round.
Those interested in signing up for coverage will need to bring:
- Social Security card/number for U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents;
- Documentation of immigration status for noncitizens (e.g., naturalization certificates and passports);
- Employer and income information;
- Proof of California residency (utility bill, etc.);
- Tax information and filing status (federal tax return);
Signups can be scheduled for 2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive, Building A, in Napa, and 4381 Broadway St., Suite 100, in American Canyon.