The changing face of downtown Napa now includes the just-opened Capp Heritage Vineyards Tasting Room and Vintage d’ Elegance Lounge, at 1245 First St. at Randolph.
The new addition is owned by Dan and Marguerite Capp, longtime Napa County residents, and is managed by artist-musician Gary William Koehler, the former general manager and national sales director for Dutch Henry Winery.
The tasting room, open daily, will offer Capp Heritage wines poured from the historical Noyes Mansion bar with vintage belt-driven fans spinning overhead.
The adjacent lounge features an Art Deco decor, a copper-clad fireplace, a ten-foot-diameter stained-glass-domed ceiling light. It will host group tastings, special events, concerts and art exhibitions.
Dan Capp is the great-, great-grandson of Napa Valley pioneers David Hudson and wife, Francis Griffith. Traveling by wagon train, they crossed the Sierra Nevada, settled in the Napa Valley in 1845 and planted the first vineyard in St. Helena.
The Capp Family has been growing grapes and making wine the Napa Valley for more than 40 years. The opening of the tasting room and lounge marks a return to downtown for Capp, whose grandfather, Emil W. Swanson, owned and operated a hardware and art supply store at 1018 Main St. during the 1920s and ’30s.
A Sunday art and music series starts on March 30 with artist Carolyn Ferris presenting original paintings and Moonalice singer/songwriter Roger McNamee performing original songs. Four additional Sunday shows in May and two in June are also scheduled.
The tasting room is open from 11a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and often later on Fridays and Saturdays.
More information is available at 707-254-1922 and/or emailing email@example.com.