A free elder abuse awareness symposium will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday, June 14, at Napa Valley College, 2277 Napa-Vallejo Highway.
Five speakers are scheduled to give presentations in the Performing Arts Center:
- Katie Carruesco, of the California State Department of Business Oversight, will discuss how to protect elders from fraud.
- Kevin Clark, assistant district attorney with Yolo County, will discuss innovations in senior volunteerism.
- Leona Rice, a victim of elder abuse, will share her story.
- Melissa Brown, McGeorge School of Law professor, will discuss the legal considerations of elder abuse.
- Jay Lang, with the Napa Valley Center for Spiritual Living, will discuss community reflections.
The symposium is being hosted by the Napa County Alliance for Senior Education, a Napa Valley College student club. NCASE is also a partner of the NVC District Auxiliary Services Foundation.
Details are available at firstname.lastname@example.org