The wave of government slowdowns triggered by the coronavirus threat has extended into Yountville.
An emergency declaration approved Monday night by the Town Council cancels most government meetings through month’s end. Meanwhile, Yountville announced it would switch to appointment-only access to Town Hall and the Community Center, and cancel or postpone a host of town-sponsored events well into May.
The emergency order will be in effect for at least seven days, and the Town Council is scheduled to ratify it at a special meeting Monday, March 23, which may be conducted by telephone.
Residents are asked to conduct town business by email or phone when possible. Appointments at Town Hall can be made at 707-944-8851, and at the Parks and Recreation department at 707-944-8712.
Numerous Yountville recreational events will be scrapped or postponed over the next eight weeks, the town said in a news release. These include:
- All classes and programs at the Community Center through March 31
- Egg Dying Event, April 10: canceled
- Egg Hunt and Bunny Breakfast, April 11: canceled
- Advanced Health Care Planning, April 14: canceled
- Opening reception for Marvin Humphrey Art Show, April 16: postponed
- Shred It Event, April 17: postponed
- Corte Madera shopping excursion, April 22: canceled
- Art, Sip and Stroll, April 25: postponed
- Author event: San Francisco Year Zero, May 5: postponed
- Yountville Out Loud, May 7: postponed
- Town-wide yard sale, May 9: postponed
Updates on Yountville’s response to the coronavirus are available at townofyountville.com/about-yountville/covid-19-information-and-updates
Editor’s note: Because of the health implications of the COVID-19 virus, this article is being made available free to all online readers. If you’d like to join us in supporting the mission of local journalism, please visit napavalleyregister.com/members/join/.
You can reach Howard Yune at 707-256-2214 or email@example.com
In this Series
Complete coronavirus coverage from the Napa Valley Register, St. Helena Star, and The Weekly Calistogan
- 139 updates
Concerned about COVID-19?
Sign up now to get the most recent coronavirus headlines and other important local and national news sent to your email inbox daily.