St. Helena, CA 94574
About Raymond Vineyard & Cellar
A look at Raymond Vineyards through the years is a historical journey of Napa Valley’s deep viticulture and winemaking roots.
The Raymond family arrived in Napa Valley in 1933 and became connected to the Beringer family via marriage in 1936. Roy worked as winemaker for Beringer from 1933-1970, when in 1970, he and his two sons set out on their own with the 90-acre estate property in Rutherford where the winery is located. They released their first commercial wine under the Raymond Vineyards label in 1974 and never looked back. Like all great American
family stories, the Raymonds put hard work and a pioneering spirit into their winery. Their dedication has helped make Raymond Vineyards a classic Napa Valley icon.
Their first vintage crush in 1974 was emblematic of the early Napa Valley harvests: the family worked together side-by-side caring for every facet of the winery – hospitality to farming, fermentation, bottling and sales.
The family quickly earned acclaim for their elegant wines with a beautiful balance of finesse, power and complexity. Five generations of the Raymond family imbued the winery with a sense of its deep roots in the Napa Valley and a commitment to honor those roots, the estate and the family tradition through every wine produced.
Today that family tree is entwined with Burgundy’s esteemed Boisset Collection. Jean-Charles Boisset has a history of elevating wineries to new heights, and Raymond Vineyards is no exception. The winery brought on Napa Valley veteran Winemaker Stephanie Putnam to oversee winemaking, while Vineyard Manager Eric Pooler has transitioned the estate vineyards to organic and Biodynamic® farming practices, a hallmark of Boisset Collection properties worldwide. The winery has also renovated its tasting room and opened a number of new visitor offerings with a focus on educating consumers and providing a place for them to nurture a passion for wine.
These efforts promise a bright future that will define Raymond Vineyards as one of the signature landmarks of the Napa Valley for years to come.