Napa High School senior spiritleaders Cayla Bauer, Alexa Hammond and Graycen Loveless are moving on to the next level of dance after their high school tenure of dance.
Bauer was accepted after an audition process into the prestigious UC Irvine dance department and received a scholarship for it as well.
Hammond auditioned and was selected on to the Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo dance team.
Loveless auditioned and was chosen for the Sacramento State dance team.
Alumna Brianna Stade auditioned and was recently chosen for the Atlanta Falcons cheerleading team. Alumna Katerina Kountouris is still a current member of the Sacramento Kings dance team as well as Jennifer O’Bryon is still a member of the San Francisco 49ers dance team.
Nacho Delgado is a company member of Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet Professional Dance Company and Jenny Nominni is still a member of the Cirque Shows for more than five years.
The accomplishments of some of the Napa High dance department and spiritleaders’ post high school accomplishments follow. Many of them have gone to prestigious dance colleges and are currently working as professional dancers and teachers.
• Full ride dance scholarship: Brianna Stade, Hawaii Pacific University.
• Partial dance scholarship: Alex Nel, Hawaii Pacific University; Cayla Bauer, UC Irvine dance department.
• Dance majors: Angie Bartholomeau, Long Beach State; Sarah Bauer, UC Irvine; Jenna Willems, Cal State Fullerton.
• College dance team members (past and present): Sam Welch, Texas Christian University; Taylor Carroll, Jennifer Keisling, Graycen Loveless, Sacramento State; Jenny Nominni, Kelsey Hess, UC San Diego; Chanel Braden, Starla Robinson, Lindsey Hanson, UC Davis; Katie Ott, private college; Shayna Cortez, Fullerton College; Brianna Wallace, Hip Hop Crew, UC Davis; Kelsey Lew, UC Berkeley; Brianna Stade, Alex Nel, Hawaii Pacific University; Alexa Hammond, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo.
• NBA dance team members: Katerina Kountouris, Abby Gilbert Huber, Sacramento Kings.
• NFL dance team members: Jennifer O’Bryon, San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers; Nicole Rogers, Shawn Rogers, Megan Frisk Meyers, Oakland Raiders; Brianna Stade, Atlanta Falcons.
• Dance studio owners/directors: Megan Frisk Meyers, Expressions Dance Studio, Napa; NHS alumni and current spiritleaders who are dance teachers, Mary Anne Schaffer, Christina Frost Litle, Rylee Schmidt, Emily Sousa, Michaela Munson, Kristina Clagg, Best Foot Forward Dance Studio, Tecumseh, Okla.
• Professional dancers/teachers/choreographers: Jenny Nominni, professional dancer with the Cirque Shows; Ruben Ochoa, professional working dancer, choreographer and teacher in LA; Chris Ho, working dancer, choreographer and teacher in LA, San Francisco and China; Nacho Delgado, Company Member of Grandeza Mexicana Folk Ballet Professional Dance Company; Aurelio Delgado, ONe Productions, DJ, Music Editor, NHS Break Dance Director, choreographer, teacher; Christina Frost Litle, NHS Dance Department, guest choreographer, teacher; Rosa Aguayo, NHS music editor, hip hop guest teacher and choreographer.
• High School dance teachers: Abby Gilbert Huber, Rocklin High School dance teacher and dance team coach; Wendy Hancock, high school dance teacher, Placerville County School District.
• National Dance Alliance teaching staff: Abby Gilbert Huber, Wendy Hancock, Makayla Harrison Branco, Mary Anne Schaffer, Kelsey Lew, Taylor Carroll, Lisa Wright, Misha Bryant, Amanda Fitt.
• Multiple National Champion Choreographer: Angie Bartholomeau.
• Assistant coaches past and present: Angie Bartholomeau, Taylor Rogers, Debbie Linley, Wendy Hancock, Rosa Aguayo, Mary Anne Schaffer, Makayla Harrsion, Natalie Harding, Shanti Hernandez, Katerina Kountouris, Lisa Wright, Raeme Sergeson.