From A for Ana’s Cantina to Z for ZD Wines, there is an alphabet soup of discovery in St. Helena. Each week, we’ll add another letter to the alphabet.
B is for Cathy Buck, the proprietor of the Cameo Cinema, the single-screen movie theater in the heart of downtown. It opened in May 1913 and throughout the years has had several names. In 1996 Charlotte Wagner assumed the lease and performed a serious upgrade to the facilities and equipment, renaming the theater the Cameo Cinema. Cathy Buck assumed the lease in 2008 and a new era for the Cameo Cinema began, with the installation and upgrade of digital sound and projection equipment. For details visit CameoCinema.com or 287-4172.
To see the whole list go to sthelenastar.com.